Medical Student Essay Competition
Title: “The Role of Social Media in the Education of Future Urologists”.
The prize for winner of the national competition will be a 200 euro travel voucher from RCSI and the winner will be presented with their prize at the ISU Annual Conference in Galway on 17-18 September 2021. ISU will offer guest registration and accommodation for the meeting.
To enter the competition, authors must be medical students enrolled in a medical school located in the Republic of Ireland. . Students attending a medical school in overseas countries will not be eligible to submit an entry.
- Word limit: 1500 words (maximum) excluding title, abstract (no more than 200 words) and references. The word count includes words used in figures & figure captions, tables, appendices, footers and in-text citations.
- Essays should include an abstract/summary (no more than 200 words) – see above
- Any references should be in the Harvard style; there is no limit on the number of references
- All text must be in Arial font, size 11 and double spaced
- Diagrams and tables are acceptable but should not number greater than 5 in total
- The essay should preferably be divided into appropriately headed subsections and include a concluding paragraph
- Only one essay per student can be submitted
- The essay must be the work of one individual student – co-authoring is not permitted
- All essays must be submitted in Word format, (not pdf). Please save your essay in the form ‘Surname.doc’ (eg Smith.doc).