Medical Student Essay Competition
Title: “Ethically challenging issues in contemporary Urology Practice”
Closing date: May 31 2022
Entries to be submitted to email@example.com
The prize for winner of the national competition will be a 200 euro travel voucher from RCSI and the winner will be presented with their prize at the ISU 2022 Annual Conference. ISU will offer guest registration and accommodation for the meeting.
To enter the competition, authors must be medical students enrolled in a medical school located in the Republic of Ireland at the closing date – see above. Students attending a medical school in overseas countries will not be eligible to submit an entry.
- – Word limit: 1500 words (maximum) excluding title, abstract (no more than 200 words) and references. The word count includes words used in figures & figure captions, tables, appendices, footers and in-text citations.
- – Essays should include an abstract/summary (no more than 200 words) – see above
- – Any references should be in the Harvard style; there is no limit on the number of references
- – All text must be in Arial font, size 11 and double spaced
- – Diagrams and tables are acceptable but should not number greater than 5 in total
- – The essay should preferably be divided into appropriately headed subsections and include a concluding paragraph
- – Only one essay per student can be submitted
- – The essay must be the work of one individual student – co-authoring is not permitted
- – All essays must be submitted in Word format, (not pdf). Please save your essay in the form ‘Surname.doc’ (eg Smith.doc).